Saturday 26 January 2013

I Dreamed A Dream

So finally saw Les Misérables last week, one of my must-see movies of 2013.  I think it is one of the best movies I've ever seen. Loved the movie, the cast, the scenery, the story and the music. I was pretty impressed by Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe's singing and Anne Hathaway was just simply amazing. I've heard many complaints about Crowe's vocal abilities but can't say any bad words, he was great.

In 19th-century France, Jean Valjean, who for decades has been hunted by the ruthless policeman Javert after he breaks parole, agrees to care for factory worker Fantine's daughter, Cosette. The fateful decision changes their lives forever.(IMDb)


Although it is called one of the saddest stories of all time I didn't cry. I felt really really sad and hurt but there were no tears which surprised me quite a bit. Maybe I would have felt better if i had cried because I was quite depressed for about 3 hours afterwards. The saddest parts for me were the Fantine&I Dreamed A Dream part, Gavroche's death and the part where Javert kills himself because all his beliefs have proven to be wrong and his spirit is broken.





No comments:

Post a Comment