Thursday 3 January 2013

Time

I remember the days when I felt that time is moving too slow or not moving at all. I was a child then, waiting to grow up. If I had only known then what I know now... Grown-up life is so hard already and I am truly afraid for the future. I miss these carefree times when my only decision to make was which t-shirt to wear or with which toy am I going to play next. Time is suddenly moving too fast, with a blink of an eye a year has passed again. I am only 20 but feel much older sometimes. I see people rushing around in order to make money, not living in the moment, not spending enough time with their loved ones. It makes me really sad because for me nothing is more important than my family and I wouldn't trade them even for all the money in the world, but you can't feed you or your family with love so you have to enter the rat race...




Found this amazing tumblr post which trys to express the same feelings I have about life:

Sometimes we are too caught up in the rat race to know how to slow down. Among all these trophies we have achieved, we lost ourselves. We have become what the society wants us to be, not who we wanted to be.
Sometimes everything about this world is too commercialized, we can’t do without money.
Sometimes you just feel so alone. Alienated. We’re so close yet so distant. We’re together but not truly happy. Too much of everything, nobody cares.
Too often the media sensationalizes, and we become desensitized by the endless bombardment of joy, sadness, deprivation, tragedy of everyday life. It takes more to make us feel. It takes more to make us human.
All I ever wanted as a child was to grow up, to live the world myself. I’m not too sure now, after seeing so much myself. As they say, ignorance is bliss. Its too late now.
The world can be beautiful place to live in, if we want it to be. If we choose to let it be. Be the difference you want to see in the world today.



No comments:

Post a Comment