Saturday 8 December 2012

Don't die a copy

Be who you want to be. Not what society wants you to become.

I think that I am more rebellious than I let out. I am definately not a hipster, but I am against mainstream. Mainstream is closed-mindedness, for the most part. Setting out trends and using public media to manipulate with easily suggestible youth and exterminate their specialness.Most of maintream media and culture is boring. For example these stupid pointless comedies without depth. I value movies that have a deeper meaning and give me something to think about even after it has ended. It doesn't mean that I don't like a good witty comedy now and then, it just has to have a good story. Also the mainstream media tells you only what it wants so it is quite manipulative.

“I became a journalist because I did not want to rely on newspapers for information.” ― Christopher Hitchens

Mainstream music on the other hand doesn't bother me much, because there are some mainstream performers I appreciate for example Pink and Lana Del Ray. I'm sure tough that there is a lot of alternative music I would deeply enjoy, but just don't know about, which is sad.

“For humanity to have hope for a better future, we have to face the atrocities it has committed, not sugarcoat them to make money.” – Flea


No comments:

Post a Comment